Kata Choose dan Select memiliki arti yang sama yaitu “memilih”. Ketika menerapkan kata Choose dan Select dalam sebuah kalimat, terkadang bikin galau karena membingungkan.
Nah, Guys… Supaya tidak salah lagi menggunakan kata-kata ini, yuk kita simak perbedaannya dalam kalimat.
PustakaBahasaInggris.com – Artikel hari ini, saya akan memberikan kalian, Perbedaan Penggunaan Kata Choose dan Select. Temukan materi Bahasa Inggris terkait penjelasan di bawah ini!
Table of Contents
Perbedaan Penggunaan Kata Choose dan Select dalam Bahasa Inggris Lengkap dengan Contoh Kalimat
Choose Vs Select
Kata Choose berarti memilih (seseorang atau sesuatu) yang terbaik atau yang paling cocok dari dua alternatif yang tersedia atau lebih.
Contoh Kalimat Choose
1. I had hoped he’d choose your sister.
2. I mean, if you had to choose between me and your world?
3. If you choose not to take it, it’s your decision, not mine.
4. He may choose what to tell you about the war.
5. Don’t make me choose between you and my mother, Adrienne.
6. “You may choose any subject that you like best,” said the teacher.
7. I did choose you.
8. Whether you choose to live or to die, you will need my help.
9. Well, you don’t really choose to join.
10. They wait so long, they forget they can have one, or they choose not to have one, or they simply just don’t.
11. It was cold and large, not the kind of place she’d ever choose to live.
12. But my brother did not choose her.
13. You must choose to remain with me or to return to your home.
14. He had a duty to me but I didn’t have to choose him.
15. So yeah, if you told them to choose between working and not working, many would choose to relax.
16. No. But if I were trying to defend my honor, you’d be the one I would choose to take up there.
17. Unless you’re using magic on her, there’s no way any woman – Immortal, deity or human – would ever choose to stay with you.
18. The Ancients always choose the sweetest blood monkeys.
19. Where shall I choose as her final resting place?
20. “Why did you choose to come here?” he asked in a measured tone.
21. You did that last night, no matter what you choose to remember.
22. Why did you choose this location?
23. Why did Darkyn choose to keep the human over the deity?
24. If I choose to.
25. But if I choose Rhyn and you come back for me tomorrow, it doesn’t seem very fair to him.
26. If you’ll remember, I didn’t choose which Ancient to become my mate.
27. But it is my belief that many more people will choose the first choice.
28. People can come together and choose a form of government suitable to them.
29. When it came to Natasha’s turn to choose a partner, she rose and, tripping rapidly across in her little shoes trimmed with bows, ran timidly to the corner where Denisov sat.
30. He hadn’t been on his own planet since his parents were killed, and he wasn’t sure how the planet would choose someone for him when he wasn’t there.
31. The men began to choose partners and take their places for the polonaise.
32. We choose it much more often than we should.
33. Or, if you choose to go farther, it will not be unwise, for I have found the increase of fair bait to be very nearly as the squares of the distances.
34. When her partner left her Natasha ran across the room to choose two ladies for the figure.
35. Only so could I be completely happy but now I have to choose, and I can’t be happy without either of them.
36. In exchange, I want you to choose your top advisor to send to me.
37. You think he’ll choose to spare you?
38. “You made me choose between you and doing what was right in the underworld when I saved Katie and her daughter,” he continued.
39. Wealthy people could afford to choose scarce antiques.
40. He’d obeyed the Code and his predecessor without question until forced to choose between them and his conscience.
41. So why do we choose the latter?
42. In military alliances, however, it is much likelier that when nations choose their friends, they create enemies where there were none before.
43. I passed off my English and advanced French before I entered college, and I choose the courses I like best.
44. When he returned to Moscow his father dismissed the abbe and said to the young man, Now go to Petersburg, look round, and choose your profession.
45. Choose what you will, it’s all the same.
46. Go and choose the President.
47. I should be thankful to do nothing, but here, on the one hand, the local nobility have done me the honor to choose me to be their marshal, it was all I could do to get out of it.
48. Chiefly by knowing how to choose my acquaintances.
49. I do not think he would choose her for a wife, and frankly, I do not wish it.
50. Our challenge is to learn how to choose the plowshares, not to abandon metallurgy.
Kata Select berarti memilih (seseorang atau sesuatu) yang terbaik dengan sangat hati-hati dan dengan pertimbangan matang.
Contoh Kalimat Select
1. Let him select a route for you and then suggest an alternate route.
2. Stubbs in his Select Charters (1895).
3. Katie had been helping her select clothing and she certainly knew how to make the most of Carmen’s soft curves.
4. So why would he suddenly want her to select the clothes he wore to an informal party where he knew no one.
5. I have done nothing but select and cut.
6. This gift will be a pledge of your purity of heart to her whom you select to be your worthy helpmeet in Masonry.
7. Why else would he want to select the trail she followed – even the clothes she wore?
8. Jessi drew out the inevitable by taking her time to select her food.
9. Care should be taken in planting to select a spot somewhat elevated and well drained.
10. His select works have been published in io volumes (2nd ed., 1885-1896).
11. The author could select as a proof of the universal science which he proposes are explained in such a way that even the unlearned may understand them.
12. The company, therefore, promotes a bill, which is considered first by select committees of the two houses of parliament, and afterward by the two houses themselves, during which period it faces the opposition, if any, of rival concerns, of local authorities and of hostile landowners.
13. From the corner of her eye, she saw Keaton select a rock from the drive and throw it into the woods.
14. Marsden in his Select Pleas of the Court of Admiralty.
15. These illustrations are comparatively simple; it would have been easy to select others of a more complicated nature, but all evidently connected with the visits of insects and the cross-fertilization of the flower.
16. All people need rest, even if they are made of wood, and as there is no night here they select a certain time of the day in which to sleep or doze.
17. His knowledge of the ancient authors was wide, but his taste was not select, and his erudition was superficial.
18. A select company of these met at the parsonage on Sunday afternoons.
19. Of the immense number of indications accompanying every vital phenomenon, these historians select the indication of intellectual activity and say that this indication is the cause.
20. I started with a few select cows and a good bull.
21. The discrepancies produced in this way are, however, very small, if care is taken to minimize the distance between the silver film and the photographic plate and to select a reasonably good piece of glass for the reseau.
22. Crookes, Select Methods in Chemical Analysis (1894).
23. Opposition on the petition could be heard before a select committee or a joint committee as in the case of private bills.
24. An English translation of the embassy to Constantinople is in Ernest Henderson’s Select Documents of the Middle Ages (Bohn series, 1896).
25. The Select Transactions of this society were collected and published in 1743 by Robert Maxwell, who took a large part in its proceedings.
Semoga penjelasan sederhana di atas dapat membantu kalian untuk lebih memahami penggunaan Choose dan Select dalam kalimat-kalimat Bahasa Inggris yang kalian ciptakan sendiri ya, guys.