Apakah kalian termasuk salah satu yang sedang mengalami kebingungan dalam menggunakan kata “Lose” dan “Loose”, ada referensi yang menuliskan bahwa bukan hanya orang yang menggunakan Bahasa Inggris sebagai bahasa ke-2 yang bingung menggunakan kata “Lose” dan “Loose”, bahkan para native speaker pun sering keliru dalam menggunakan kedua kata ini.
Karena kata “Lose” dan “Loose” sering kali membingungkan baik dalam writing ataupun speaking. Perlu diingat untuk kata “Lose” pelafalannya adalah “luz” dan kata “Loose” pelafalannya adalah “lus”. Dari segi arti juga jelas kedua kata ini memiliki arti dan penggunaan yang berbeda.
Yuk, kita simak bersama penjelasan di bawah ini!
PustakaBahasaInggris.com – Artikel hari ini, saya akan memberikan kalian contoh Perbedaan Penggunaan Kata “Lose” dan “Loose”. Temukan materi Bahasa Inggris terkait penjelasan di bawah ini!
Table of Contents
Perbedaan Penggunaan Kata “Lose” dan “Loose” dalam Bahasa Inggris Lengkap dengan Contoh Kalimat
Lose VS Loose
Kata “Lose” memiliki arti “kalah/ kehilangan” yang berfungsi sebagai verb (kata kerja).
Definitions of Lose. (Verb)
Lose: be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).
- I’ve lost my appetite
synonyms: be deprived of, suffer the loss of, no longer have
Lose: become unable to find (something or someone).
- I’ve lost the car keys
synonyms: mislay, misplace, be unable to find, lose track of, leave (behind), fail to keep/retain, fail to keep sight of
Lose: fail to win (a game or contest).
- The Bears lost the final game of the series
synonyms: be defeated, be beaten, suffer defeat, be the loser, be conquered, be vanquished, be trounced, go down, take a licking, be bested
Lose: earn less (money) than one is spending or has spent.
- the paper is losing $500,000 a month
Contoh Kalimat Lose
1. I lose some cattle every year.
2. What could he do about it but lose more sleep?
3. I lose to the others but win from you.
4. I won’t lose you again.
5. Tonight, I lose him forever.
6. I didn’t want to lose you, but I didn’t want you to be unhappy like mother either.
7. “I don’t know,” Dorothy answered; “but it would hurt me dreadfully to lose you.”
8. Do you lose many cattle to wolves?
9. They must understand that we can only lose by taking the offensive.
10. You are causing me to lose the fruits of a campaign.
11. If you win or lose, let it be on purpose.
12. How did you lose your deal? she asked Simon.
13. I don’t want to lose this feisty little jewel.
14. He was not one to lose control.
15. I don’t lose deals, bro.
16. He was about to lose all hope.
17. But he doesn’t lose, does he?
18. You weren’t about to take a chance that you lose her, Samantha said, sounding baffled.
19. I didn’t lose either of you!
20. She’ll lose those, too.
21. The pain she was in or the situation where she might lose her soul in three days.
22. I don’t want to lose her and there’s no way I’ll endanger what we’re doing.
23. The pain caused by his removal into the hut had made him groan aloud and again lose consciousness.
24. But how did one misplace or lose millions?
25. All who reach old age must lose their strength and become like him, feeble and gray.
26. Maybe he knew he was about to lose a good housekeeper.
27. I don’t want you to lose anything, but you know I’d want to be with you even if we didn’t have a dime to our name.
28. He wanted to lose himself in her warmth and liveliness on his last night.
29. “I don’t want to lose you already,” she replied.
30. You will soon learn that those who lose deals with me are a desperate lot.
31. He didn’t lose at dealmaking.
32. If a million people lose their jobs to a machine, then entrepreneurs start businesses that hire those people to do other things.
33. Then you lose before you begin.
34. He didn’t lose at the battle.
35. Not if it means you lose her.
36. She wasn’t willing to lose him already, not after all she’d gone through to keep him.
37. She couldn’t lose him now, because of human weakness!
38. He won’t lose his mate, even if he chooses to kill her rather than give her up.
39. Because if she did, she’d lose what little she had left.
40. Someday the computer program will lose its job, although I don’t know to what.
41. The wealthier a nation gets, the more it stands to lose in war, and the less marginal utility it gains in conquest.
42. But tie yourself up with a woman and, like a chained convict, you lose all freedom!
43. Why had they allowed themselves to completely lose control?
44. I tagged both with GPS and a speck of C4, so if you lose either, we can blow it up.
45. Do not let us lose any time…
46. He really didn’t want her to lose the spark of life he’d found as appealing as her body.
47. She’d hoped not to lose the man she loved as well.
48. I figured I had nothing to lose now.
49. The dealers lose their souls when they come to work for me.
50. But he that would save his life, in such a case, shall lose it.
Kata “Loose” memiliki arti “longgar/ tidak ketat/ tidak terikat” yang berfungsi sebagai adjective (kata sifat).
Definitions of Lose. (Adjective)
Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.
- a loose tooth.
synonyms: not fixed in place, not secure, unsecured, unattached, detached, unfastened, untied, wobbly, unsteady, movable
Loose: (of a garment) not fitting tightly or closely.
- she slipped into a loose T-shirt and shorts
synonyms: baggy, generously cut, slack, roomy, oversized, shapeless
Contoh Kalimat Loose
1. Cut him loose with a GPS tag.
2. Like a bird let loose, his horse leaped forward.
3. His chest was warm against her ear, and she drew loose shapes against his skin, beyond intrigued by the smoothness.
4. Or when one of us gets loose and kills you.
5. Before Dean could let loose with a torrent of pithy comments, there was another knock on the door and Donnie entered the room.
6. Sometimes they had to climb over heaps of loose rock, where Jim could scarcely drag the buggy.
7. Rocks kicked loose fell in silence until ricocheting and bouncing far below.
8. The fifth man was the factory lad in the loose cloak.
9. Carmen let loose of his waist, moving away from the unclean thought.
10. Walking so fast that it created a breeze that caught the loose hair hanging down her back, she turned her ankle slipping off her sandals.
11. We let Bordeaux’s horse loose a way down the trail, hopin’ he’d find it.
12. With his luck, the kids were loose in the house.
13. Her hair was still pink and in a loose bun on the top of her head.
14. Fortunately, the curls were now loose waves.
15. It was hard, smooth sand, very different from the loose, sharp sand, mingled with kelp and shells, at Brewster.
16. He led her down a floor to a large gym where a group of men stood in a loose cluster on a mat.
17. He didn’t attack, simply let his cold power loose into her for a long moment before releasing her.
18. The line was silent for a few moments and then Mary let loose with a heavy sigh.
19. Lydia Larkin let loose a sigh of relief.
20. Pierre involuntarily glanced at the loose button.
21. She looked down and plucked at a loose thread on her dress.
22. But you must understand my people are not like you, are not as accepting of your loose tongue.
23. She was no longer in the loose gown she generally wore in the morning but had on one of her best dresses.
24. As she spoke, she pulled the iPad loose and handed it to Gabe.
25. He pulled loose from her to answer it, not surprised to see another of the convent members there, probably to tell him the same thing the first did.
26. We got to look at all these loose ends and satisfy ourselves about ’em.
27. The cold wind flapped the ends of her kerchief and her loose locks of gray hair.
28. Like the others this fifth man seemed calm; he wrapped his loose cloak closer and rubbed one bare foot with the other.
29. The dancer stopped, pulled off the loose piece of leather, and threw it on the fire.
30. Oh, they should let that fine fellow Bonaparte loose. He’d knock all this nonsense out of them!
31. Again her fall was briefly interrupted until the roots released their grip in the loose gravel.
32. Daniel Brennan had told me the list of true serial killers on the loose at any one time was limited.
33. Her hair was free, the long, loose curls cascading down her shoulders and back.
34. The bump jarred the cell phone loose, and it fell in the space between the seat and door.
35. His brown hair was tousled from the ocean breeze, and he was dressed in jeans and a loose shirt fastened across the golden skin of his chest by one button.
36. She joined them at the door with enough loose euro change for a couple of beers and dinner.
37. But the peaceful sleep he’d assumed would come eluded him as his mind continued to trip over far too many loose ends in the recent happenings.
38. The fifth was a factory hand, a thin, sallow-faced lad of eighteen in a loose coat.
39. The braids not only held it out of her eyes but thinned the bottom part down enough that it would lay loose across her shoulders and down her back without frizzing.
40. Bumpus got loose when something made a noise in the woods.
41. Patsy was still on the loose but she wasn’t considered a threat to anyone.
42. One of the girls grabbed her hand to pull her to the blankets where they’d been sitting while another one tugged at a loose lock of her hair.
43. Maybe the rope didn’t bust loose until he was a part way.
44. In this quake, a big crack opened and we fell through horse and buggy, and all and the stones got loose and came down with us.
45. Her dark shining hair was pulled back loosely with bejeweled combs and hung in loose curls down her back.
46. You couldn’t bear to let loose of a ten dollar cigarette tin.
47. Her hands were rubbing her sweater absently, her silver-white hair long and loose, hanging almost to the small of her back.
48. “I wish we had some of those loose wings,” he said.
49. Prying it loose and getting it to you might be a problem.
50. He kissed her neck lightly, his arms holding her in a loose embrace.
Semoga penjelasan sederhana di atas dapat membantu kalian untuk lebih memahami penggunaan “Lose” dan “Loose” dalam kalimat-kalimat Bahasa Inggris yang kalian ciptakan sendiri ya, guys.
Vote your voice for better articles
[kkstarratings] Best regards: PustakaBahasaInggris.com