PustakaBahasaInggris.com – Dalam hidup banyak sekali pilihan yang mengiringi langkah kita setiap harinya. Tetapi semua itu hanya akan berakibat menjadi 2 hal, yaitu: Baik atau buruk setelah memilih pilihan tersebut. Semua orang pasti akan menua, rambut hitam berubah menjadi putih sebagai simbol kebijaksanaan tetapi apakah cukup dewasa menyikapi sesuatu? Jawabannya ada di masing-masing kalian sobat.
Bacaan hari ini saya kan memberikan materi tentang GRAMMAR, apakah itu?
Yuk kita simak bersama…
Table of Contents
- 1 Rumus dan Penggunaan “Preference” dalam Kalimat Bahasa Inggris Lengkap Dengan Contoh Soal dan Jawaban
Rumus dan Penggunaan “Preference” dalam Kalimat Bahasa Inggris Lengkap Dengan Contoh Soal dan Jawaban
Apakah yang disebut dengan Preference?
Preference adalah salah satu Grammar Bahasa Inggris yang digunakan untuk mengungkapan perasaan yang menyatakan lebih suka daripada yang lainnya.
Simak contoh kalimat di bawah ini:
- I prefer reading to swimming.
- I prefer novel to short story.
- She would rather dance than sing.
- He would rather have ice tea than coffee.
- They like watching film better than reading a novel.
- My sister likes apples better than oranges.
I prefer reading to swimming.
S + prefer + Verb-ing + to + Verb-ing
I prefer a novel to short story.
S + prefer + noun + to + noun
She would rather dance than sing.
S + would rather + Verb-1 + than + Verb-1
He would rather have ice tea than coffee.
S + would rather have + noun + than + noun
They like watching film better than reading a novel.
S + like + Verb-ing + better than + Verb-ing
My sister likes apples better than oranges.
S + like + noun + better than + noun
Rumus dan contoh lain penggunaan Preference
Contoh kalimat dan Rumus:
- We had better study hard.
Subject + had better + infinitive
- We had better not work on weekends.
Subject + had better + not + infinitive
Contoh kalimat dan Rumus:
- It’s time to work.
It’s time + to infinitives
- It’s time you went home.
It’s time + Subject + Bentuk past
“Instead of” digunakan sebagai pengganti dari: to, than, better than, rather than.
Instead of + Gerund/Nouns
- I prefer staying home instead of going out.
- They would rather eat their lunch instead of work.
- I would prefer to invite them instead of him.
- He likes me instead of him.
- Their dates had been modest, but was that by preference, or because he had limited funding?
- By preference, the Andamanese are exogamous as regards sept and endogamous as regards tribe.
- He had an extraordinary memory, well stored with scientific knowledge, both modern and historical, a cool and impartial judgment, and a strong preference for facts as against theory of the speculative kind.
- With the instinct of a true statesman, he felt the pulse of the people, divined their need for prestige, and their preference for a government heavy-handed rather than lax.
- As far as possible, these railways are laid beside roads, in preference to independent formation; the permanent way costs £977 per mile in the former as against £793 in the latter.
- It never got beyond that rehearsal; Hume, indeed, approved of the performance, only deprecating as unwise the author’s preference for French, but Gibbon sided with the majority.
- But long before this he had become apprenticed to the learning of nature in preference to that of man: when only twelve years of age he had made collections for Agassiz, who had then just arrived in America, and already the meadows and the hedges and the stream-sides had become cabinets of rare knowledge to him.
- Her own preference for a moderate republic or a constitutional monarchy was quite sincere, and, even if it had not been so, her own character and Napoleon’s were too much alike in some points to admit of their getting on together.
- In theory, the twelve plebeian centuries were open to all freeborn youths of the age of seventeen, although in practice preference was given to the members of the older families.
- Between 1362 and 1450 no fewer than 4151 Magyar students frequented the University of Vienna, nearly as many went by preference to Prague, and this, too, despite the fact that there were now two universities in Hungary itself, the old foundation of Louis the Great at Pecs, and a new one established at Buda by Sigismund.
- From the real or fancied rapprochements between Cartesianism and Jansenism, it became for a while impolitic, if not dangerous, to avow too loudly a preference for Cartesian theories.
- That is to say, the traditional feeling may give the members of certain families a strong preference, to say the least, in the election to office.
- In adopting foreign innovations, he showed, like the Japanese of the present day, no sentimental preference for any particular nation, and was ready to borrow from the Germans, Dutch, English, Swedes or French whatever seemed best suited for his purpose.
- The rivers on the east coast are practically the only highways, the Malays always traveling by boat in preference to walking, but they serve their purpose very indifferently, and their great beauty is their chief claim to distinction.
- The works of the ancient tragedians (especially Seneca, in preference to the Greek) came into vogue and were slavishly followed by French and Italian imitators down to the 17th century.
- His second son, Sancho, enforced his claim to be heir, in preference to the children of Ferdinand de la Cerda, the elder brother who died in Alphonso’s life.
Change the verbs in the brackets into the correct form!
- She prefers (cook) to (go shopping).
Jawab: She prefers cooking to going shopping.
- They would rather (swim) than (sing).
Jawab: They would rather swim than sing.
- I like (play) games better than (watch) films.
Jawab: I like playing games better than watching films.
- They like (go) to the mall better than (stay) at home.
Jawab: They like going to the mall better than staying at home.
- He prefers (drive) a car to (ride) a motorcycle.
Jawab: He prefers driving a car to riding a motorcycle.
Combine the sentences using preferences!
- She plays golf twice a week. She goes swimming four times a week.
She prefers going swimming to playing golf.
- I like writing poems. I like reading poems better.
I like reading poems better than writing it.
- He likes Burger. He loves Sandwich very much.
He likes Sandwich better than Burger.
- They sometimes sing on the stage. They always dance on the stage.
They like dancing better than singing.
- We read a short story. We love the novel better.
We prefer a novel to short story.
Banyak pilihan dalam hidup, pilihlah yang terbaik dan baik untuk semua. Bila salah memilih itu wajar saja karena esok akan ada pilihan yang tepat.
“Life is full of choices. Choose the best for better future” Good Luck!
Vote your voice for better articles
[kkstarratings] Best regards: PustakaBahasaInggris.com