Pendidikan merupakan sebuah aset yang sangat berharga dalam kehidupan manusia.
Pendidikan adalah pembelajaran pengetahuan, keterampilan, dan kebiasaan sekelompok orang yang diturunkan dari satu generasi ke generasi berikutnya melalui pengajaran, pelatihan, atau penelitian. Pendidikan sering terjadi di bawah bimbingan orang lain, tetapi juga memungkinkan secara otodidak.
Seberapa penting Pendidikan bagi kalian?
PustakaBahasaInggris.com – Artikel hari ini berisi informasi tentang Teks Bahasa Inggris Tentang PENDIDIKAN Lengkap Dengan Terjemahan dan Daftar Kosakata Baru.
Yuk kita simak bersama!
Table of Contents
- 1 Teks Bahasa Inggris Tentang PENDIDIKAN Lengkap Dengan Terjemahan dan Daftar Kosakata Baru
Teks Bahasa Inggris Tentang PENDIDIKAN Lengkap Dengan Terjemahan dan Daftar Kosakata Baru
Shanghai is Number One in World Education Rankings
A global educational study called PISA (Program for International Assessment ) tests over 500,000 pupils in over 70 countries every three years. The 2010 results showed that pupils in Shanghai are the world’s best in reading mathematics and science. PISA studies 15-year-olds and their abilities in the three fields. The study did not rank China as a whole but Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Macao as separate countries.
South Korea, Singapore Taiwan, and Japan were other Asian nations that ranked well. In many western countries, the reading score was down. In Europe, Finland still stays in the number one spot although it is ranking third overall. Americans are, at best, average, ranking 17th in reading, 23rd in science and 31st in mathematics.
Why have Asian countries overtaken Europe and America in the tests? First, they put more focus on education. Children, parents, and teachers know that a good education is key to being successful. They are not tolerant when pupils fail. Asians believe that if you do hard and succeed in school you will be successful in your job as well.
Starting at a very early age China teaches its children that you can only succeed if you are better than the others. They are tested as soon as they come to school. Only the best can go to college and then get a good job. Examinations are held very often and lists of students rankings are posted on the walls of a school. Shanghai students study much harder than western pupils do and they spend less time on extracurricular activities or sport. Teachers are also respected, paid well and highly motivated.
Critics of the Chinese school system say that it isn’t good if Chinese teachers drill children for a test all the time. It does not prepare you for your future life. A study found out that almost half of the Chinese businessmen say that students who come to them are not well prepared for the job they about to take on.
Although there may be some disadvantages in the Chinese school system, Chinese pupils get an overall better education at a very young age. Subject teachers teach children from the start whereas in other countries one teacher teaches all subjects in the early grades.
China’s one-child policy makes it easier for families to concentrate on their only child and give it the best education possible. Children spend a lot of time in school and learning with their parents home. But there are also some negative side effects. More and more students commit suicide because they fear they cannot live with failure.
The OECD report also found out that countries in which students had to repeat years ranked badly. There is also a difference between boys and girls. Girls are better at reading while boys generally perform better in maths.
Daftar Kosa Kata (Vocabularies)
- ability = skill, talent
- although = while
- assessment = you try to find out how good someone is by testing them
- average = not better or worse than the others
- commit suicide = to kill yourself
- critic = someone who is against an idea or plan
- disadvantage = bad side
- drill = to teach children by making them do the same exercises all the time
- extracurricular activity = something that students do outside of school, in their free time
- fail = to do badly, not to succeed
- failure = not a success
- fear = to be afraid
- focus = to concentrate more on
- global = worldwide
- grade = school year
- highly motivated = to really like to do something because you find it interesting or you like it a lot
- a key = answer, solution
- OECD = Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (a group of rich countries that work together to make their economy grow)
- one child policy = every family is allowed to have only one child; if they have more they must pay taxes and have other disadvantages
- only = single
- overall = general
- perform = to do work
- post = put
- a rank = position of something or someone in a list
- repeat = to do again
- respect = to have a high opinion of
- science = knowledge about the world and nature
- score = points
- separate = different
- side effect = unexpected or unplanned result
- spot = place
- study = work that is done to find out more information on a certain subject
- take on = start
- tolerant = liberal, understanding
- whereas = while
Shanghai adalah Nomor Satu dalam Peringkat Pendidikan Dunia.
Sebuah studi pendidikan global yang disebut PISA (Program untuk Penilaian Internasional) menguji lebih dari 500.000 siswa di lebih dari 70 negara setiap tiga tahun. Hasil 2010 menunjukkan bahwa murid di Shanghai adalah yang terbaik di dunia dalam membaca matematika dan sains. PISA mempelajari anak-anak berusia 15 tahun dan kemampuan mereka di tiga bidang. Studi ini tidak memeringkat China secara keseluruhan tetapi Shanghai, Hong Kong, dan Makau sebagai negara yang terpisah.
Korea Selatan, Singapura, dan Jepang adalah negara-negara Asia lainnya yang berperingkat baik. Di banyak negara barat, skor bacaannya turun. Di Eropa, Finlandia masih berada di posisi nomor satu meskipun peringkat ketiga secara keseluruhan. Orang Amerika, paling banter, rata-rata, berada di peringkat 17 dalam membaca, 23 dalam sains dan 31 dalam matematika.
Mengapa negara-negara Asia melampaui Eropa dan Amerika dalam ujian? Pertama, mereka lebih fokus pada pendidikan. Anak-anak, orang tua, dan guru tahu bahwa pendidikan yang baik adalah kunci untuk menjadi sukses. Mereka tidak toleran ketika murid gagal. Orang-orang Asia percaya bahwa jika Anda bekerja keras dan berhasil di sekolah, Anda juga akan berhasil dalam pekerjaan Anda.
Mulai di usia yang sangat dini, Cina mengajarkan kepada anak-anaknya bahwa Anda hanya bisa berhasil jika Anda lebih baik daripada yang lain. Mereka diuji segera setelah mereka datang ke sekolah. Hanya yang terbaik yang bisa kuliah dan kemudian mendapatkan pekerjaan yang bagus. Ujian diadakan sangat sering dan daftar peringkat siswa diposting di dinding sekolah. Siswa Shanghai belajar lebih keras daripada murid barat dan mereka menghabiskan lebih sedikit waktu untuk kegiatan ekstrakurikuler atau olahraga. Para guru juga dihormati, dibayar dengan baik, dan bermotivasi tinggi.
Para kritikus sistem sekolah Cina mengatakan bahwa tidak baik jika guru-guru Cina melatih anak-anak untuk ujian sepanjang waktu. Itu tidak mempersiapkan Anda untuk kehidupan masa depan Anda. Sebuah studi menemukan bahwa hampir setengah dari pengusaha Cina mengatakan bahwa siswa yang datang kepada mereka tidak siap untuk pekerjaan yang akan mereka ambil.
Meskipun mungkin ada beberapa kelemahan dalam sistem sekolah Cina, murid-murid Cina mendapatkan pendidikan yang lebih baik secara keseluruhan. pada usia yang sangat muda. Guru mata pelajaran mengajar anak-anak sejak awal sedangkan di negara lain satu guru mengajar semua mata pelajaran di kelas awal.
Kebijakan satu anak China memudahkan keluarga untuk berkonsentrasi pada anak mereka satu-satunya dan memberikan pendidikan sebaik mungkin. Anak-anak menghabiskan banyak waktu di sekolah dan belajar dengan orang tua mereka di rumah. Tetapi ada juga beberapa efek samping negatif. Semakin banyak siswa melakukan bunuh diri karena mereka takut tidak dapat hidup dengan kegagalan.
Laporan OECD juga menemukan bahwa negara-negara di mana siswa harus mengulang tahun memiliki peringkat yang buruk. Ada juga perbedaan antara anak laki-laki dan perempuan. Anak perempuan lebih baik dalam membaca, sementara anak laki-laki umumnya berprestasi lebih baik dalam matematika.
Microsoft Starts Minecraft For Schools
Minecraft, a video game with which you can build virtual worlds, will be expanded to classroom use. Microsoft bought the game from its Swedish creator for 2.5 billion dollars. Now, the software wants to offer schools a special educational version.
MinecraftEdu is an add-on to the game, that was specially created by teachers for classroom use. While thousands of classes around the world are already using Minecraft in their lessons, Microsoft wants to make it easier for schools to use the software.
Minecraft is a game that can be used in many subjects, including maths, science, and geography. Microsoft wants to add new features to the educational version, for example letting students take snapshots and putting them into an online diary. The new version will allow children to download the game at home without having to pay extra for it. Microsoft is expected to charge students and teachers about 5 dollars a year to use the game in school and at home.
According to Microsoft, Minecraft has 100 million players around the world. It has become one of the best-selling games of all times. Pupils can create their own virtual worlds with the help of special building blocks. Experts say that Minecraft helps stimulate the imagination of children in the classroom. In addition, teachers around the world create new content and share them with others, so that the Minecraft community keeps growing.
Microsoft plans to make the game available to pupils and students of all ages, from elementary school through to colleges. The company plans to add Minecraft to an Office 365 account so that it can also sell more of its Office software. Teachers can enroll in courses to learn the game.
Daftar Kosa Kata (Vocabularies)
- according to = as said by …
- account = here: to be able to use the software officially for a certain time
- add = put into
- add-on = an extra part of a software that you often have to pay for
- available = to be sold or offered
- best-selling = here: a very popular game that many people around the world play
- billion = a thousand million
- charge = to ask for money in order to use something
- community = people who play the game around the world
- content = here: new worlds, maps, and building blocks
- create = make, produce
- elementary = the first few years are in a child’s education
- enroll = take part in
- expand = grow, to become larger
- expect = think that something will be done
- feature = element or building block
- imagination = being able to form pictures and ideas in your mind
- in addition = also
- offer = here: sell
- snapshot = screenshot of a computer screen
- stimulate = to make a person excited about something
- use = using something
- virtual = not real
Indian Tutors Teach British Children Online
Although India was once a part of the British Empire, Britain now looks to India for educational help. Indian tutors are helping British children learn maths over high-speed Internet connections.
One of the first schools to adopt such a form of teaching is Ashmount Primary School in London. When pupils get ready for their maths lesson they sit in front of a computer, put on their headphones, log on to the Internet and listen to the instructions of their tutors, who are thousands of miles away in India. With the help of interactive whiteboard teachers and pupils can write and read the information at the same time.
One of the advantages of such a system is that especially weaker pupils get the professional help they need. The teacher focuses on the individual needs of every single child. In most cases, students enjoy working on computers more than just doing classroom work with textbooks.
In Britain, there are not enough maths teachers for schools. An assistant teacher would cost a primary school like Ashmount over 30,000 pounds. The headmaster says online tutoring is not only more effective, but cheaper as well.
In India, a tutoring agency in Punjab has hired a hundred maths graduates and is instructing them on how to teach British pupils online. They are paid 7 pounds an hour, which is three times the normal wages in that region. The agency charges British students 12 pounds an hour for tutoring services, about half the amount they would pay for a tutor in Britain.
Not everyone is in favour of online tutoring. As a representative of Britain’s trade union for teachers suggests, there is no emotional relationship between teachers and pupils. Parents don’t seem to mind. They are pleased with the results and happy seeing their children get better at maths.
Daftar Kosa Kata (Vocabularies)
- adopt = take on, accept
- advantage = good side
- affordable = to have enough money to buy or pay for something
- although = while
- an assistant = person who helps teachers in class
- British Empire = group of countries that were once governed by Great Britain
- charge = to ask a person for money for something you are selling them
- curriculum = the subjects that are taught in school or the things that are studied in a certain subject
- downside = bad side, disadvantage
- effective = more helpful, better
- enthusiastic = to really enjoy or like something
- especially = above all
- expand = grow
- former = to have had a certain position before
- focus = concentrate
- graduate = a person who has completed university
- heartland = centre
- high-speed = very fast
- high standard = very good
- hire = to give someone work for a certain time
- in favour of = to be for something
- instruction = what someone tells you to do
- knitwear = to make clothes out of wool
- log on = to start using a computer network
- mind = care
- needs = what a person must have in order to succeed
- outsourcing = when you use people from other countries to do a job that you should do
- primary school = school for five to eleven-year-olds in Great Britain
- relationship = connection, link
- service = the work that you offer
- supplement = add to
- trade union = organization that represents workers of a certain branch and helps them when they have trouble with their bosses
- tutor = teacher
- tutoring agency = organization that offers the help of online teachers
- vital = very important
- wage = the money that you earn for the work that you do
- weak = not very good
- whiteboard = a white space on a computer screen on which people can work from computers all over the world
Demikian Teks Bahasa Inggris Tentang PENDIDIKAN Lengkap Dengan Terjemahan dan Daftar Kosakata Baru.
Jangan lupa berbagi kebaikan dengan share artikel ini kepada teman-teman kalian ya guys… 🙂 Good Luck!